Mindfullness in Miami: A piece of peace in the vibrant South Beach District
Miami's little secret...
I have travelled to Miami on numerous occasions over the years and have stayed in a variety of the hotels in the South Beach area. The Palms Hotel and Spa is a tropical oasis in the middle of the uber modern and hip South Beach. I was so happy to find this area of peace and tranquility, with the pool surrounded by flora and fauna and some natural sun protection rather than the standard open pool area with sun shades and minimal foliage. I felt like I was in a completely different place to my actual location. The staff at the hotel are extremely helpful and do everything possible to make your stay as restful and enjoyable as possible.
The Palms Hotel and Spa Amenities
- 251 guest rooms
- 9 Meeting Rooms
- The Grand Tiki perfect for al-fresco breakfasts or brunches, cocktail receptions or elegant dinner functions.
- Gift Shop with coffee bar, deli counter and a variety of fashion and gift items
- Full Service Spa and Salon – The Palms Spa AVEDA
- Full Service “Natural Gourmet” Restaurant & Lounge – Essensia – offering indoor and outdoor dining
- Poolside Tiki Bar and Tiki Cabanas
- 24-Hour Self-Service Business Center (including two state of the art Windows PC’s with Microsoft Office and two Color Laser Printers)
- ATM machine
- Heated swimming pool
- Direct access to beach and ocean, with sun loungers, cabanas, umbrellas, towels and food & beverage service
- Direct access to Miami Beach’s 4 mile boardwalk – ideal for jogging or strolling along the beach
- On-site Fitness Room with state of the art equipment
- Complimentary Yoga Thursday evenings on the beach and Sunday mornings in the Palms gardens
- Stand-up paddle boarding, kite boarding and jet ski rentals available nearby (operated by third parties)
- Scuba diving, boat rental and deep-sea fishing offered at the Miami Beach Marina (operated by third parties)
- Wireless internet access throughout the hotel
This restaurant demonstrates the farm-to-table concept of cooking whilst creating local Miami cuisine. The fresh food has a vegetable focus whilst serving local fish and other seasonal produce. The herbs are collected from the organic Chef's Garden and the wine list is 100% sustainably or organically farmed. It's a great place to visit whether or not you are staying at the hotel. I cant wait to go back and try some more of their delicious food the next time I am in Miami.
The rooms are very comfortable and tastefully decorated and I was lucky enough to have a beautiful view of the ocean. Also I'm one of those crazy people that can't stay in a hotel if it doesn't have a gym. Theirs is fully equipped with everything I needed and I also participated in one of their relaxing outdoor yoga sessions. They also offer running workshops along the beach (running is not my thing but I love a walk along the boardwalk). There are also a great range of spa treatments on offer to really make you feel relaxed and pampered.
I hope to be back to Miami soon and this place will be on my list of places to stay! Sometimes it's best to stick to what you know and love....